Tuesday 4 September 2012

The Forty Second Doodle

Around commissions and building websites, I managed to do my King and Queen of Hearts card design. Only two to go now!
As a 'red' suit, obviously I wanted the red to be stronger than in the original Clubs design. I wanted to capture that same gritty, edgy look and texture that the original picture had (thumbnail above), only with the red as the dominant feature. I was dead pleased with how it came out, I like how intense and almost blood-like the red looks in the final piece. I was especially happy with the queen here, I wanted to have her looking quite young and pretty, but with a darkness in her eyes that suggests there is more going on here. Ok, maybe no one else notices that stuff, but I do!

Now I just need to do Diamonds and Spades!

No comments:

Post a Comment