Thursday 6 September 2012

The Forty Third Doodle

Well, this is pretty different to what I usually do, wouldn't you say? Well my dear people, you'd be right. 

I recently took on a tit-for-tat project with an animator called Jason Fox (www.jasonfoxcreative.weebly.com), wherein I drew out a tattoo design for him, and he made an animated portfolio for me. It was fab. Watch it here.

We then began talking about doing more together, and he mentioned that he'd be keen to actually animate some of my drawings. We threw around a few ideas and came to the conclusion we wanted to try to do an animated story based on one of Aesop's Fables, the Fox and the Goat. We had very similar ideas about how we wanted it to look - a dark, almost macabre style to it, with old fashioned, human-esque characters, the dominant colours being browns, bronzes, dark greens and blacks. 

So, I began doodling some ideas. Above you can see my first sketches I made to get a feel for how these characters may look, and I must admit, I've had some great feedback to them which I was dead chuffed with! I looked at old illustrations for stories by Dickens and Poe to get this old sort of design and feel, and I think it works well. I'm really excited about this project, I think it's going to be a good 'un!

No comments:

Post a Comment