Monday 13 August 2012

The Thirty Seventh Doodle...well, sort of

So this is pretty funky. Seeing one of your doodles being tattooed on to someone. It still delights me when someone sees something I have done, and they think 'Yeh, that's awesome, I'm gonna get that inked on to me for the rest of my life'. 

Hardcore. No pressure then.

So this was my line drawing that was commissioned. The dude wanted a card style king and queen, but he didn't want the suit or an outline, which I agreed with, makes it seem a bit too stiff like that. He brought me a few examples but they were pretty shoddy, so I did some doodles and here was my result.
I have to admit I was so chuffed when I saw the final thing, it's very hard to know how your work will translate onto someone's skin! Though obviously this very careful line work is generally not my thing, so here it is again as a full on illustration in my very distinctive style-
A really good project I had a  lot of fun with!

No comments:

Post a Comment