Friday 20 July 2012

The Thirty Sixth Doodle

So, I'm not entirely sure this could be called a doodle. It took a jeffing long time.

But the start was a doodle. Here is how she began life -
A very quick pen sketch in my ineffable style ('messy' I think, is the word). And I sat back and looked at her and thought, 'I quite like you, love'. I have always been fascinated by sugar skull designs as they think they are hauntingly beautiful. I had done one a while back, a very gypsy influenced one with polished lines and colours, stylized roses and specific curls of hair. I loved her.

BUT, I wanted to do a sugar skull lady again, one with a little more....me. So here we have it.

Obviously not me as in she looks like me. I bloody wish. She has got some great volume in that hair of hers. No; me in a sense of that erratic, verging on deranged, rather untidy style. So the lines are not perfect, the paint is thrown around and definitely does NOT stay in the lines. Just like me. Hohooo, I am funny.

Though I underestimated the power of her eyes. They genuinely scare me a bit. I love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment