Sunday 19 August 2012

The Fortieth Doodle

If this makes no sense to you, please refer thine eyes to doodle number Thirty Seven. 

I recently took a commission to draw out a card style king and queen tattoo, which I then turned into an illustration too. I actually had so much fun with it, I thought 'Oh buggar, I want to do all four suits now. Damn.' (I mainly thought damn because things are so mad busy at the minute, and I'm just giving myself even more work to do! I am a tit.)

So here's the line drawings of all four suites, spades, diamonds, clubs and hearts. They are obviously all quite similar, yet I strived to make sure each face had it's own characterisation, each outfit had it's own quirks. I look at loads of examples of old card designs, and sort of amalgamated all the aspects I liked into my drawings. 

I cannot wait to get a chance to finish them all off. As a set, they are going to look SICK.

No comments:

Post a Comment