Thursday 12 July 2012

The Thirty First and Thirty Second Doodles


So I recently did these two illustrations for Amelia's Magazine for Graduate Fashion Week, the top one is Matthew Williamson, the designer who did some bits for H&M, and below is Daisy Lowe at the Fashion Show in London.

I enjoyed doing Daisy (bahahaha it's funny 'cause it sounds rude!) but I was really happy with my Matthew Williamson picture. I wanted the composition to be quite classic, with him flanked by his own creations. When I was researching him, I came across some of his work that was heavily dominated by these deep blues and pink/purples, so I chose these as the signature colours for the picture. Matthew himself was almost an accident as I never intended him to be so dark, but when I sat back and looked at it I felt the contrast worked so well between the almost dream like models and this strong, quite harsh figure dominating the centre. The colour on the girls was also rather experimental as I pretty much just chucked it around, and actually really liked the result! I like the way it makes these girls seem even more fantastical, a figment of the designers imagination.

Boom.

God I ramble on don't I.


Read the full article by Matt Branford here - http://www.ameliasmagazine.com/fashion/graduate-fashion-week-2012-gala-awards-ceremony-part-one/2012/06/20/#.T-Lz6LVYun8

No comments:

Post a Comment