Tuesday 18 December 2012

The Sixty First Doodle

I would LOVE to go to New York. If anyone feels like sending me some money so I can do this, please feel free to do so. To turn that down would be downright UNGRATEFUL. And my mama brought me up right.

I did an illustration this year on London, and had an urge to do another city. For New York, I wanted something a little more gritty, something messy but stylish. Basically, how I saw it as a place. 

It's a jumble of famous landmarks and urban, graffiti style mess. And I like that. I used a combination of materials, from coloured markers to pencils, watercolours to chalk. I like the contrast between all the various textures and shades, and I layered the subjects to interlink them as well as create a busy sense of confusion. Are you confused? You better be. But in a good way, I hope. 

I have a plan to travel in Eastern Europe next summer, and I am so jeffin' excited to go and bring my sketch pad with me. I will love to draw my way around the cities Europe!

No comments:

Post a Comment