Monday 8 October 2012

The Fifty Third Doodle


I may not be able to paint much (painting lying on your stomach in bed while propped up on your elbows is very tricky) but I have had a wee bit of joy playing with pens. I confess I hadn't used coloured pens or markers much before, but they are great. This skater girl sketch above will soon have some colouredy (YES IT'S A WORD) treatment, and this makes me happy. I mean my back is killing me, but not much I can do about that right now, so lets focus on the good stuff ey.

So yeah, as an arteeest, I recommend the double ended ProMarker. A bit pricey but well worth it. If you look in somewhere like Cass Art they often have great sales, if you can grab a whole pack it's much better for your wallet. Or your dads wallet. Considering it's a marker you can get so many different shades and levels from just one pen, they're fab.

As for the fineliners, gotta go for the old classic Stabilo coloured pens. Thin and nicely coloured - what more does an illustrator need from a coloured fineliner ey?

So I have found I struggle to draw or anything for more than about 15-20 minutes. Lack of comfort being the primary issue, but also my concentration levels are totally shot. This blog post alone took me ALL DAY TO WRITE. God I'm a tit. 

So here's images to show you what else I have been doing while recovering-
1) SLEEPING. SO MUCH SLEEPING. 
Now I class myself as a somewhat lazy individual, but even for me this is getting ridiculous. My bed has a Ruth shaped dent in it, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I aint light and dainty, that's for damn sure.

2) PAINTING MY NAILS. BADLY. 
I know right, I'm a artist. Yet I am shite at painting my nails. I'd say I have a good excuse right now though. Not being able to sit up means you have to paint said nails in unusual positions (namely lying down or standing) so I end up splodging nail varnish all over the show. But, you know, I lose my painting mo-jo when I'm stood up. Gravity pulls it all out.

3) BUYING TOPS. 
Actually, that isn't quite true, I bought one top. BUT it's COOL. And it was on sale, and it is made by an independant clothing company Own The Night. So really, I didn't buy it for ME. It was a selfless purchase. YEP. I am like a walking charity worker me.

4) LISTENING TO BANGIN' TUNES AND THEN REALISING I REALLY AM NOT COOL ENOUGH TO PULL OFF BANGIN'
I got the Of Monsters and Men album as a 'get well' prezzy from my beau, as I do love them so. Other bands who have soothed me the last few days include A Day to Remember, Tool, Deftones, Jessica Lea Mayfield and The Offspring. I know, I have odd eclectic tastes right. 




No comments:

Post a Comment