Wednesday 3 October 2012

The Fifty First Doodle

Deep down, I still totally love extreme sports. I may not do any sports style work for a while, but it always niggles in the back of my mind. 

I love the energy, the aggression, the passion, the youthful nature. I do enjoy doing other types of sporting illustrations, but I think the reason I especially love skating, BMXing, surfing and snowboarding is because that's what I was into as a 'yoof'. I was part of the 'alternative' gang, I dated skater boys, I went surfing, I thought I was so bloody cool.

Then I grew up. And realized that I am, indeed, very cool.

I have a soft spot for girls who do these sports, as they are generally still very male dominated. Respect to those ladies who are not only trying to improve their skills and do what they love, but are doing it in a industry that is still mostly run by men for men. That's why you need to check out some of the fab ladies like those at Yeah Zine and give them some support!

No comments:

Post a Comment