Sunday 14 October 2012

The Fifty Fourth Doodle

 She started as a quick sketch last week, and here she is all finished now. I like experimenting with the pens and ink, and I like these bold, almost neon colours that are coming out. And you all know I love the old extreme sports. I wanted this image to be very feminine but hardcore and gritty too; the purple/pink colours help to emphasise the 'yes, this is a girl' sort of thing, but the edgy drawing and layering helps to give it that grungy look I love so much. Pretty chuffed with it considering how long everything takes me at the minute!

Ok, more stuff that's been happening (LOL 'happening') while I'm getting better-
1) GETTING CAKE AND FLOWERS IS VERY NICE
Well, getting spoilt is what's it all about isn't it. 

2) WANTING TO GO OUT BUT NOT REALLY BEING ABLE TO ALONE
Seriously, it's like being a toddler. I get so tired and sore when I try to go out for little walks I always need to go with someone else just in case, well, I need them to carry me home.

3) FINDING OLD CRAP I'VE MADE MY PARENTS
God bless people who have creative children, 'cause they're always more likely to get hand made gifts. In some cases, it is wonderful. In others, I'm sure the olds are thinking 'well it's sweet, but I really wanted a book'. But hopefully my ma liked this, as who doesn't like teapots ey? They help us drink tea.

4) FALLING IN LOVE WITH SMALL THINGS THAT HELP ENTERTAIN ME
Pens. I love pens. Pens keep me happy. Paint is too tricky at the minute, so pens are my saviours. Yehhh.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment