Sunday 7 October 2012

The Fifty Second Doodle

So, as some of you may or may not know, I recently had to have an operation on my back. Nothing terrifyingly serious, but very painful and with a slow recovery rate. 

Fabulous.

And as you can probably guess, I have been bored off my face. The injury was on my lower back, so I am unable to sit up or walk very well; so I am stuck lying on my front in bed (as I am right now) trying to do the odd doodle and communicate with my fellow human beings. So my wee sketch of (the rather marvelous) Mark Strong above is one of my bed-bound drawings; an attempt to stave off insanity and misery. 

God I am such a drama queen (I know, an artist being a drama queen, who'd have thunk it). I am sure I will be TOTALLY FINE very soon, but my goodness, being in pain sucks. It is exhausting. I go for a little waddle (walk is an overstatement) to the shop around the corner, after which I can sleep for hours.

WHAT A LAME-O.

Oh well, I am sure I'll be back to my old self soon. An illustrating menace.

2 comments:

  1. You are not lame at all! You have my sympathies. Any pain is demoralizing, and back pain can strike you down. I spent the first 3 days of a vacation to Italy looking out the window at the Alps from my room while people brought food to my room. You are not lame-o, only British. Just KIDDING! Feel sprightly soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is so true, pain is exhausting!! Though I am getting there, slowly but surely, so hopefully I'll be back on top soon :-) And then I will find something else to whinge about ;) teehee!

      Delete