Wednesday 14 March 2012

The Eighth Doodle

Derren Brown. He boggles my mind. I saw a live show of his once, and ever since I have mourned that I am not a man who happens to be his type. Just my luck.

I had loads of fun with this picture, drew him a few times to figure out what worked. The wolf was sort of organic, I was writing out words associated with him such as 'he's not human!' and 'devil' (good things too of course, such as 'amazing' and 'love it') but it got me thinking about witchcraft and magic and views throughout history of those who seemed to have such powers. You were considered 'other-worldly', somehow connected with nature. Wolves are facinating, mysterious and dangerous creatures which I felt embodied these superstitious feelings quite nicely. I wanted him almost invisible, there yet not. (How deep, yeh)

The blue was a little by accident, but I liked it. Red and black is a little cliched, the cold blue seems to fit somehow. Hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment