Monday 19 November 2012

The Fifty Sixth Doodle

Naked ladies. Naked ladies are cool. I do love the ol' body.

So this study started as a quick nude sketch in pencil. I used a heavy, soft charcoal mix graphic style pencil to give her a sort of mysterious softness which I really liked. I then put more emphasis on her tattoos so that they catch the eye first, keeping her face enigmatic and hidden under her hair. I then began to develop her from a sketch into a full image, using a palette of autumnal colours and nostalgic textures. I wanted to create quite a gritty and gothic image, with implications of writing and letter stamps layered across our mysterious girl.  


I was quite chuffed with the final image, as an experiment I feel she came out well. This is a little different to what I have been doing over the past year, as I feel it is so important to keep on pushing yourself, experiment with materials and techniques and even subject matter. You never know what you may accidentally stumble across!


No comments:

Post a Comment