Wednesday 3 July 2013

The Eightieth Doodle

 I am not a fashionable person. I know right, you are shocked. 'But you are so super trendy Ruth,' I hear you cry, well you can stop that weeping right now. I'm not. I just wear stuff I like, often stuff that 'aint cool.

That doesn't mean I don't like fashion though; I am fascinated by clothing design, structure and influence. Fashion illustration is a large portion of what I do, whether it be quite simple images of mainstream styles or slightly more off the wall alternative get ups. I love it all. Drawing the folds and drapes of fabric, how the light plays over it, how the form underneath affects it - HEAVEN.

I created the image above for Amelia's Magazine, a site all about fashion, art, music, design and basically anything rad. You can see it featured on the site here along with a write up about the Raw Talent University of the Arts Graduate Fashion Show - a good read for anyone interested in up and coming talent!



1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy your fusion of color and line. So much so that I hope you don't mind if I borrow your splashes of background color for my own doodles. They are true amateur doodles, with no talent or ability to represent anything real, and I know the color splashes will lend them more dignity than they truly deserve. As they say, mimicry is the most sincere form of flattery, or as they also say, "Steal Like an Artist." (Love that book).

    ReplyDelete