Tuesday 9 April 2013

The Seventy Third Doodle

It is true. I confess. I am a horribly, uselessly, completely hopeless romantic. Sort of.

 I think my idea of romance is somewhat twisted. For instance, I am not keen on traditional shows of romantic love such as gifts of roses, chocolates, fluffy teddy bears. I think they are hollow, tacky and meaningless. 

But saying that, I do love going out for nice dinners, going for strolls with my beloved. It's just that we like eating dinners in non-expensive, non-pretentious places, and we like strolling through Camden. Not your usual choice.

On Valentines Day, we went to a bar and then went to see Die Hard 5. Because we think it's funny, it's a thing we have. And that to me is real romance. I couldn't give a toss about expensive stuff or posh places or what anyone else thinks. And that is really, really nice :)

By the way, in my pen sketch above, 'Amantes Sunt Amentes' is Latin for 'lovers are lunatics'. Seems about right....

No comments:

Post a Comment